1. Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Chair
Teacher in-charge: Dr. Sarabjit Singh
The Govt. of Punjab has announced the establishment of 11 chairs in various universities of Punjab & abroad on the name of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji to commemorate the 550th Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji in 2019. One of the chairs was announced for I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Kapurthala. As announced by Govt. of Punjab the Board of Governors has approved the chair on the name of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. The Chair shall work in the Department of Humanities, Languages & Cultural Studies, I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Kapurthala. The duration of chair has been fixed initially for five years and with the provision of extendable to another two years.
Area/Scope of Study
· Life, philosophy and work of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji and its relevance in the contemporary times.
· Religious and Cultural Space with special reference to Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
· Historical perspectives of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s life, mission and work in subsequent periods.
· Role and place of Gurudwara Shri Ber Sahib (Sultanpur Lodhi) in the larger contexts of the teachings of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
· Creation of descriptive bibliographical documentation with reference to literary and socio-cultural studies related to Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
· Audio-visual documentation with special reference to Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s life & contribution in and around Kapurthala (Doaba region of Punjab).
· Study on the travels (Udassies) of Guru Nanak Dev ji
· Study of Divine Music (Raag) & Instruments with special reference to Rabab.
· Study of Interfaith Dialogues of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
· Study of different languages of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Bani (Hymns).
Approved Budget Estimate (Annual)
The Annual budget of the chair worth 54,65,000/- has been approved by the Board of Governors.