About - International Student Cell
The trend of internationalization reflects concerns with global issues in science and technology, politics, economics, and culture; awareness of the benefits of international learning experiences and research collaboration; and the need to attract international scholars and students to the I K Gujral Punjab Technical University. Study Abroad is rapidly expanding in all fields to include internships and innovative research and teaching. Courses and programs throughout the curriculum now include global perspectives. Collaboration with campuses and research networks around the world are flourishing.
An exclusive office by name International students cell (ISC) at I K Gujral Punjab Technical University has been established in the department of Planning and External Programs to deal with the admissions & guidance of international students and to take advantage of opportunities and challenges in line with these trends. It gives visibility to international initiatives – including, study abroad, international co-ops, and university partnerships; promotes international research collaboration; facilitates understanding of the impact of globalization; prepares students to be global citizens; and encourages productive global synergies among students, scholars, alumni, and community.
The ISC is a great place to start in exploring the global connections and international opportunities at IKGPTU. It not only hosts university policies and guidelines for developing partnerships and initiatives but also provides important links to resources and programming for students and faculty.
Internationally focused full–time undergraduate and master's degrees, Ph.D Research Program, certificates and professional development programs designed to advance your career are available at I K Gujral Punjab Technical University and its affiliated colleges.
International Students cell offers following services:
1. Foreigner's Regional Registration Office (FRRO) with required documents / information from Registrar's office in university and obtain required permit.
2. English Speaking Course A special English course with a Duration of Two and half months shall be conducted for all the Foreign national students with in the campus free of cost.
3. International student pre-registration
4. Advice on immigration issues
5. Developing opportunities for interaction amongst international and local Ph.D and postgraduate students
6. Placement Assistance
7. General counselling and advice